Renting Vs. Buying a Home
Infographic to help you decide on which is better: buying or renting a home.
Are you having trouble deciding on whether to rent or buy? Here are the benefits of either alternative.
Benefits of Renting.
• A short-term commitment.
• Landlord undertakes repairs and maintenance.
• You are not required to make a significant down payment.
• Credit history less significant.
• Late rent payments will not hurt your credit score.
• It is easier to rent than to get approved for a mortgage.
• No investment risk if housing market declines.
Benefits of Buying.
• Mortgage payments build equity.
• Your monthly payments remain unchanged for the life of the loan.
• Mortgage interest and property taxes may be tax-deductible.
• You can profit from price appreciation on the sale of your home.
• Home equity may be used to finance other needs.
• Home improvements and changes can be made at will.
• You cannot be forced by a landlord to move out.